Mail Center Security Specialist
RightDirection Technology Solutions
RDTS is seeking a Mail Center Security Specialist to provide security screening on all mail and cargo entering the mail facility and monitor areas within the facility for security threats and vulnerabilities for a government agency in Sterling, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform X-Ray security screening and image interpretation to detect potentially dangerous goods, hazardous devices and listed prohibited items.
- Monitor the mail handling areas within the facility for mail security threats or vulnerabilities; report findings to appropriate management.
- Successfully attend, obtain and maintain certification for International Air Transport Association Accredited Non-Radioactive Dangerous Goods Training Certification for IATA Category 3; X-Ray Security Screening Course
- Comply with the National Incident Management system basic training requirements to ensure compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-5) during domestic incidents at the facility.
- Understand the fundamentals and application of the Department of State regulations
- Understand the fundamental and application of Material Safety Data Sheets, Safety Data Sheets and the Gloabl Harmonization labeling System for OSHA HAZCOM
- Conduct duties as an extension of the designated Pouch Control Officers
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience (passing score on proficiency test with detection screening equipment may be use to substitute for experience)
- Working knowledge of Department of State and Federal Regulations addressing mail and package handling.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of key mail and parcel screening components and experience in troubleshooting and maintaining equipment
- Possess basic aptitudes and physical abilities, including color perception, visual and aural acuity, physical coordination and motor skills to perform all required tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of response actions to possible incidents involving explosives, hazardous materials, biological agents and chemicals
- Successfully complete mandatory training and required certifications to use all detection equipment
- Fluency in standard Microsoft Office suite of software
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, climb or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 70 pounds.
**Security Clearance Requirement**
An active security clearance may be required for this role. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
RDTS is a federal contractor and an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
RDTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer